UPDATE: Check out this new “Master Salad Dressing Builder” post that teaches you the concepts behind a great, easy, and customizable DIY salad dressing.
- 2/3 cup EVOO
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 orange juiced (preferably Florida juice orange for more juice)
- honey or agave or other sweetener
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- a few sprigs parsley
- *optional – 1 strand (or stick or stalk?) scallion
- *optional – 1-2 cloves garlic (as much as I love garlic, I took the garlic out of the recipe)
- salt & pepper
- Pour EVOO, balsamic vinegar, and OJ into large mixing bowl (or food processor).
- Whisk for a bit and then add in dried basil and oregano generously (or not, if you’re stingy).
- Finely chop parsley (and scallion) and add that into the mixture. Whisk again.
- Add salt, pepper, and honey/agave to taste.
You’re done. It is helpful if you intend on using this vinaigrette later to remember to re-whisk or shake well if you put it into a bottle, or you’ll get an oily dressing on top, and a more vinegary dressing at the end.
Serving suggestion: serve with mixed greens (dark greens, arugula, etc.) with tosted pecans (or sliced, toasted almonds, walnuts, or *insert_favorite_or_available_nut_here*) and craisans (dried cranberries).